Sunday, December 20, 2009

the small things

I don't know if its the lack of spare time, the weather, or the fog in my head that has drained me of my art motivation lately, but it is safe to say it has cleared. The down fall is that I missed the time frame to design another ski for Moment and have been really down on myself for not getting things done. The up side is that all the hard work at my job has paid off and I have officially been promoted to "E-commerce Manager". Where my mind fits into all this, I still have no idea. Seems like the fog clears just long enough for me to over analyze some other random nonsense. But whatever, I AM EXCITED AGAIN!
Today me and Sarah May went antiquing for Xmas gifts and while I did find some things for other people, most importantly I found some things to make me happy. Not to mention the Xmas gift from Sarah to me; a set of glasses with gold numbers in circus font. AMAZING!



I decided I wanted to buy myself a nice big ring and I found just the one. It is big, and pretty, and I cant stop looking at it. On the way out of the Antique Mall I spotted the most amazing Gold Seagull necklace which I couldn't live without, not for only $3.







The most exciting find was an old letterpress type face box, which after I saw Sarah's all completed for the first time, I decided I needed. Both being Joseph Cornell fans, it makes sense why we have an obsession to make small, 3-D, boxed art.



The box is not complete and will change often with my flighty OCD, but here is the start. (And look how great it goes with all my favorite pictures).









It is mostly things I have found or made that are pretty or mini inside jokes to myself.
*Things I found today include house photo, lures and white seal.










*Top to Bottom -Deer and shells, "389" match book piece, smooshed coin, key, button, paint swatch, old house photo from antique mall, Kinder Egg wooden Mouse.














*Top to Bottom - Seal and Shark, "R" type key, Queen Domino, Paper Cranes, vintage fishing lures.
















*The deer Sarah May gave me with shells from my first time shooting.













*A smooshed "I Love You - Reno" penny from last winters photo field trip with Sarah May.
An old key from a jar.
A hand made button by ADA.
A green paint swatch "Wheat Grass".







I have recently realized how important the smallest things are to me and how I have only a few people in my life that really get that. It is putting feelings into perspective for me, and whether that is a good or bad thing, time will tell.

No comments: