Tuesday, April 28, 2009

New Zealand, just like Lord of the Rings...

Back from NZ and having a nice time relaxing. Sort of sad that I am headed home in less than a week. Things here have been so nice, everything is just magically there when I need it, all my needs magically anticipated. My Bribie Belly is not too big yet, well I don’t know since the scale magically disappeared from the bathroom. It has been a nice time.
NZ was good, just hanging out with family. I got to meet my sister for the first time and she got to meet our cousins and aunt and uncle. She was pretty much amazing and we hit it off.
On Friday my aunt Melinda picked me up at the airport and took me to the mall to find a special gift for a special someone. Then we went back to her house and ate fish and chips. I went to bed early as I was up at 5am!
Saturday me and a mix of all my favorite Gutrys' all met my sister Mel and her "Mum" Darlene down at the waterfront for lunch. We just sat and talked and all got to know each other. The thing about the Gutry family, that I keep in touch with, is that they are the most welcoming people. Even as a kid I always felt shy when I arrived here and after a few hours it was like I had never left.
The next day my aunt and uncle took us all to Waikeke island, where I lived before we moved to the states. Mel had never been there so it was real great showing her around, at least the parts I remembered. And Rachel and Mike told us all about their lives there and all the places they lived and loved. It rained most of the day but I still got to see everything again and take some photos. We had lunch and walked the beach and just hung out. It was really great, it meant so much that they took me.
Then it was off to the zoo with my aunt Melinda, our tradition every time I come visit. It turned out to be good weather, just in time for me to leave. Then I was back on a plane after a short 4 day stay.
It was a good weekend. I was a bit overwhelmed I think and got sort of grumpy and shy. I think I was just out of my confort zone, which I am working on being more comfortable with, but its hard for me.
Meeting my sister, it is hard to explain. Just thinking about her makes me tear up, it just means so much and i cant even explain it. I always knew she was there but now its real I guess. This trip, my family, the time away from home, her, it just has made me see things in a new light. I feel really lucky to have certain people in my life, to be loved by these people and to love them. I have learnt a lot in this year, I have changed a lot, and I have grown a lot. I know that no matter what, I am going to be ok. I have a lot of work to do but it is all going to be just fine.
well enough of this sappy stuff, check the newest flickr by clicking the picture. then click the first picture and go through them in order for the story...



No comments: