Saturday, July 5, 2008

before my head explodes

as you all know, i work a lot right now. and i'm ok with it, i'm ok with my jobs, i'm ok with my summer not being as carefree as most. but i have noticed that i have been getting stressed and actually shaky. so i have decided i need to take 30 minutes to an hour a day for "me time" before i go crazy. and you know i couldn't do this without lists and rules so here is my list of what qualifies as "me time", in case i run out of ideas:
working on letters
taking pictures
working on any art
watching a movie and not working while doing so
blogging :)
going out with friends
going to the movies alone
going to eat alone
(i have honestly never done either and i think its past due)
walking Rukus (thats me and him time, even better)
going to the library
shopping (for fun, not necessity)
hanging out in my yard, bbqing or making marshmellows or even just sitting on my porch
riding my bike (girls with gears is back and bigger than ever)
sitting by the river
working out

so we will see how far i get with this.
my "me time" for today is emails, blogging while watching a movie on Hank Williams that i got from the library. maybe i will go get some marshmellows and beers and hang out in front of the fire outside in the already smoky air.

No comments: