Saturday, July 5, 2008

and you can say you knew me when

i have been making a lot of changes in my life and myself since i closed the store. and so many of my friends have made comments about seeing the changes and applauding me for it. and i have tried before and failed, well maybe i didn't but no one said such things before. so i really feel like i am doing good this time around. and the more praise i get the more my spirits lift and i keep going harder and harder, changing more and more and trying to become the person i will be proud of. so the other night a friend who i have had for a very long time said something along the lines of "i know this is just how you are". the content was an email i sent out where i was being realistic about an upcoming event. so this comment really hurt my feelings and mad me mad because how could he say that when he has no idea who i am anymore. this friend who never calls any of us. so then i thought about it and realized, this person who everyone always thinks is so nice, happy and positive, when i look at it, he is the one who is negative. maybe he is even unhappy, i don't know. anyways the moral of this story is that i let it roll off me, not the amber you all knew once. and to all of my friends who have been the ones there pushing me, cheering me on through all these life changes, thank you. thats all i can say.

No comments: